What is a licence?
A Brixx licence can be applied to an Organisation in Brixx to give its members access to subscription-only features.
Without a licence applied, plans cannot be created or edited in an Organisation.
Licences are bought through subscriptions. You can find our subscription pricing here.
Purchasing a Startup subscription gives you a Startup licence that can be applied to one Organisation.
Purchasing a Business subscription gives you a Business licence that can be applied to one Organisation.
Purchasing a Pro subscription gives you a Pro licence that can be applied to one Organisation.
The Brixx Partner Program works slightly differently. It is a single subscription that gives access to 3 (or more) licences. You can apply these licences freely to any Organisation you create or any unlicenced Organisation you have access to.
If you choose to end your subscription, the associated licence will no longer be available. If it was applied to an Organisation, it will be removed.
You can get a new licence by resubscribing at any time.
How to use the licence page
The Licence page in your account area shows licences applied to the Organisation you have selected.
The licence owner's email address is displayed, as well as the type of licence (Startup, Business, Pro).
If not licence is applied, you will have the option to buy a licence.
You can also unassign licences applied to organisations on the Licence page.
What is a spare licence?
If you have any licences that are not currently assigned to Organisations, you will see a notification at the top of your account page. This shows how many spare licences you have.
Spare licences can be applied to any Organisation you have access to, as long as it does not currently have a licence.
There are a few ways that you can get spare licences:
- Joining the Brixx Partner Program grants you 3 or more Pro licences that you can assign to Organisations of your choice.
- If you unassign a licence from an Organisation you will have a spare licence until it is re-assigned.
- If you purchase a new subscription for a new Organisation you will have a spare licence, until that licence is assigned to an Organisation.
How to assign a licence to an organisation
1. In the Organisation dropdown, select the Organisation you would like to apply your licence too.
2. Go to the Licence tab
3. Select the licence you wish to apply and click Assign.
How to remove a licence from an organisation
1. In the Organisation dropdown, select the Organisation you would like to remove your licence from.
2. Go to the Licence tab
3. Click Remove Licence.
How to upgrade a licence
Once you have a licence you may wish to upgrade it. There are a few routes to the upgrade page in the Brixx app.
Take the following steps to get to the Manage Billing page:
- Sign into your Brixx account
- Click the 'Person' button in the top right of the screen.
- Select Manage Billing
- The subscriptions you currently have active will be displayed
- On the Subscription you wish to upgrade, click "Upgrade".
You will be shown a screen displaying your current subscription package and the available upgrade options.
How does licence upgrade prorata calculate?
Upgrading will start a new billing period from the day of the upgrade.
The upgrade price will be changed by a prorated amount depending on how long left you had on your existing subscription.