- How do I disconnect Brixx from Xero?
- What does the Brixx integration do?
- What doesn't the Brixx integration do?
- When and how does data sync occur?
- How do I match my Xero Chart of Accounts to Brixx?
- I have already started using Brixx, can I connect to Xero?
- What Brixx subscription package is the Xero integration available on?
- Can I use Brixx without Xero?
- Will Brixx make any changes to my Xero account?
- Why does my Brixx Cash Flow bottom line look different to the default Xero Cash Flow report?
1. How do I disconnect Brixx from Xero?
You can disconnect Brixx in two ways:
a) Sign into Brixx, open the Brixx plan you want to disconnect from Xero and click on the 'Xero' tab. Then click 'Disconnect' and confirm your selection in the popup. This will remove all Xero actual data and imported Xero accounts from this plan, and stop any update of actual figures to this plan from Xero.
b) Sign into Xero, go to the App Marketplace, then Connected Apps. Click on the 3 dots next to Brixx and click Disconnect.
This will disconnect this Xero account from all Brixx plans. It will stop any update of information in Brixx plans linked to this account until Brixx is re-authorised to access Xero. Actual information previously imported into Brixx from Xero can be removed using step 1 above.
2. What does the Brixx integration do?
Brixx is a financial forecasting tool. Xero manages historic accounting information. Our integration lets you:
For more information, check out this guide.
3. What doesn't the Brixx integration do?
Brixx is purely a strategic modelling tool, used to help plan for the future. It does not handle any 'real' payments, transactions, etc.
4. When and how does data sync occur?
Data can be updated manually by pressing the 'Update Data' button on the Xero tab in Brixx. You can also tick 'Quick update' to just update data from the last month, without having to run a full import.
Automatic data updates for authorised Brixx accounts will be available soon after launch.
5. How do I match my Xero Chart of Accounts to Brixx?
When you create a new Brixx plan from Xero, or connect an existing Brixx plan to Xero, you will run through a matching screen for Profit & Loss accounts and another for Balance Sheet accounts. In each of these screens you will be able to match Xero accounts under Brixx account headings. This can be changed later on. You can read about this in detail here.
In Brixx we also have a Cash Flow chart of accounts. We match our Cash Flow COA automatically to cash transactions in Xero based on the Xero Profit & Loss or Balance Sheet account they are associated with.
6. I have already started using Brixx, can I connect to Xero?
Yes! Open your Brixx plan and go to Settings and click 'Connect this plan to Xero'
To learn more about connecting an existing Brixx plan to Xero, click here.
7. What Brixx subscription package is the Xero integration available on?
When you start using Brixx you begin a 7 day, no-obligation free trial. You will only be charged for Brixx if you decide to purchase a subscription.
Brixx is a subscription service which can be paid monthly or annually. The Xero integration is included in the Business and Pro packages, as well as being available during the 7 day trial. For more information, check out our pricing page.
8. Can I use Brixx without Xero?
As well as integrating with Xero, Brixx can be used as a standalone financial forecasting and modelling tool.
9. Will Brixx make any changes to my Xero account?
No. Brixx imports account, transaction, invoice and company information from Xero but does not alter data inside Xero. For a full API breakdown of what Brixx requests from Xero, see here: Brixx + Xero API requests
10. Why does my Brixx Cash Flow bottom line look different to the default Xero Cash Flow report?
Brixx derives a true cash position based on your Xero bank transactions. The Xero Cash Flow includes payments made on credit card directly in its Cash Flow, while in Brixx these are treated as liabilities until they are paid.
In addition, the Xero Cash Flow report contains Unreconciled items. Brixx only brings in values from reconciled transactions in Xero.