What is sharing?
Sharing is a way to give other Brixx users access to one or more plans on your account, letting them see what you see. It will allow other people to see live updates to reports and charts when you make changes to your plan. If they are set as an editor, they will also be able to make live changes allowing you to build and update a plan together.
How do I share?
- Open the plan that you wish to share
- Click the 'Share' button in the top right of the screen
- Choose whether you wish the user to be a Viewer or Editor by toggling the top option
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to invite
- Press 'Send Invite'
- Done! The person you have invited will appear below the invite box showing that they have access.
This will send an email to the person you invited with a direct link to the plan. The plan will also appear in their 'My Plans' area. If this person does not yet have a Brixx account, they will need to create one first. Once they have created their account they will see the plan that has been shared with them straight away when they log in.
Viewers & Editors
You can add unlimited viewers to any plan for free.
Viewers will only be able to see your reports and dashboard and it is not possible for them to make any changes to the plan, making this a safe environment to send to anyone who just needs to see your numbers.
A note on paid subscribers sharing to free Brixx accounts:
Normally free Brixx accounts only have access to 1 year forecasts and can't see reports. However, if someone with a Brixx subscription shares a 2+ year forecast with a free user the free user will be able to see the entire length as well as reports. Our intent here is to make it easy for subscribers to share read-only plans to whoever they want without the viewers having to purchase their own subscription. Only once you want to start collaborating with someone should you both need subscriptions, see Editors below.
Editors is a subscription only feature. Both you and the person you are inviting will need to have a Brixx subscription in order to collaborate. If your subscription lapses then all editors you have invited will be set to viewers.
Editors can do everything you can do in a plan including editing data, adding new items and inviting other people. The only action they can't do is delete the plan. Only the plan owner can do that. Make sure you only add editors that you trust, otherwise add them as a Viewer.
Removing someone from your plan
After you have invited someone, at any point you can press the cross icon to the right of their email address inside the sharing panel where you invited them. You'll be asked to confirm this action first and once confirmed this person will be immediately removed from the list and the plan will disappear from their 'My plans' area. If they try to access it from the direct web link then they will be denied access and redirected to their account area.
Please note, this will only remove that person from the plan you are in. If that user has access to multiple plans you will have to complete this action for every plan they have been invited to in order to completely remove them.
Plans shared with you by other people
- If someone has completed the steps described at the top to share a plan with you, you'll receive an email and the plan will immediately appear in your 'My plans' area.
- Plans that have been shared with you will display the email address of the plan owner on the tile to set them apart.
- If you only have Viewer access you will also see a book icon at the bottom of the tile.
- Plans shared with you do not count towards your total plan count, so you can have an unlimited number of plans shared with you in this way.
- If you no longer want access to the plan, you can remove it by pressing the cog icon on the plan tile and clicking 'Remove'. You'll need to confirm this decision first. Once confirmed it will immediately be removed from your 'My plans' area and you will need to ask the plan owner for access again if you need it. Note, this action will never delete the plan. Only the plan owner can do that.
- Copying a shared plan effectively creates a new private plan that you are the owner of. It does not copy across anyone who was invited to the original plan. This will take up one of your plan slots since you are now the owner.
Using the plan sharing web link
At the bottom of the sharing panel is a button for the web link. Clicking it will copy the link which you can paste into your web browser for instant access to the plan. You can also send it to anyone for this purpose too however only email addresses that have been added to the sharing panel will be able to access this plan. Anyone else will be denied access.
Keeping track of changes by different people
Every change in your plan is recorded in the Version History which can be accessed by the button to the right of the sharing button in the top menu. Each change has a time, date and the email address of the person who made the change so you can see what everyone has been up to.
Read the full version history guide to find out about how to use it and how to restore to earlier versions of your plan.