Change plan name
When you create a plan you can choose a name for it. This name will be shown in the top bar of the screen when you are in the plan, and on the plan's tile in your My Plans area.
If you need to change your plan name you can do this under Settings/General Settings. To change the plan's name:
- Overtype the existing plan name.
- Click Save to rename the plan. If you do not want the name to be changed, just click Cancel.
It's important to give your plan a clear name as it will help you identify it.
Change plan start date
When a plan is created its start date is set. Start date is always a specific monthly of a specific year. For planning purposes, it is assumed that the plan starts at the start of the month selected.
The start date you select can be changed once the plan has been created. Please note - changing a plan's start date will have consequences if you have already added items to the plan. The dates of all components in the plan will change, as components will preserve their position on the plan's timeline relative to the plan's start point. For example, if a plan starting in January is changed to start in February, then items which previously started in February will be changed to start in March, preserving their start points relative to the beginning of the plan.
To change the plan start date, go to Settings/General Settings.
- Under Plan start date, select the starting month and year from the dropdowns provided.
- Click Save if you want to keep the newly selected start date, otherwise, click Cancel.
Change plan timeline length
This guide describes how to set your plan timeline length and how to change it. Go here to see a guide on using the timeline.
When a plan is created the plan's length is chosen. This is always either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years. The plan's length determines how many years you can enter data for, and also the length of period shown in the plan's reports and dashboard.
Note You can only create 1-year plans in as a free starter account. You will need to subscribe in order to set 2,3,4 or 5-year plans.
The plan's timeline length can be changed after plan creation. To do this, go to Settings/General Settings.
- Under Plan length, select the plan length you want for the plan from the dropdown menu.
- Click save to change the plan to the selected length, or cancel if you do not want to make this change.
Shortening a plan by selecting a lower number of years than the current number of years will mean that years of the old plan timeline that no longer fall within the new plan timeline will not be shown in outputs.
Extending a plan by selecting a higher number of years than the current number of years will add additional years to the plan's outputs. It will also extend the length of the plan's Timeline. Groups and components are not automatically extended to match the new plan timeline length - you will need to extend them manually. Extending a group will automatically extend all components in that group if they have the same end-point as the group.
Change financial year end
When a plan is created you can select a financial year end. By default this is the 12th month from the plan's start date.
The financial year end you select can be changed once the plan has been created. To change the financial year end go to Settings/General Settings:
- Under Financial year end select the month that you wish to make your financial year end.
- Click Save to confirm the change to financial year end, or Cancel if you do not want to change it.
A business's financial year end determines what counts as a 'year' in the business's financial reports.
This means that when your Reports are set to display Yearly values each year will display figures for the period of time between the start of the financial year and the end of the financial year. By default the Year End is set to be 12 months after the start of the plan, so a plan starting in April would have its Financial Year End in March.
When a plan is created you can select a currency that will be displayed in the plan's inputs, reports and dashboard.
The currency symbol you select can be changed once the plan has been created. To change the currency symbol go to Settings/General Settings:
- Under Currency, select the currency symbol you wish to use from the first dropdown menu.
- From the second dropdown menu select the position you wish the currency symbol to appear in, relative to the figure it relates to. This will be either before the figure (£10) or after the figure (10£).